The course covers the maintenance and management of staff personnel, professional and contractual data. You will be shown how to deal with new appointments and leavers, promotions and other data adjustments with a focus on data collected by the SWC, as well as links to the SIMS Finance module FMS.
This course will cover:
- add new and edit existing personnel records
- maintain pay and contract related data
- maintain personnel data to support other areas of SIMS including pastoral structure, curriculum, FMS and statutory returns (including SWC)
- produce standard reports for data checking purposes.
This course is aimed at staff in school with responsibility for updating and maintaining personal, professional and contractual information. Knowledge of SIMS and school personnel procedures is desirable
- If you are unsure of any of the following please don’t hesitate to contact us to clarify 03452226802.
- Access to the internet
- Ideally delegates will have two monitors but delegates can split their screen if you only have access to one.
- Delegates will be able to access a training database provided by School ICT if required, School ICT would therefore need access to remote into your workstation via ISL Online. This is our usual way of providing remote support to customers.
- Delegates will need access to use remote desktop from their workstation to access the training database where required. This can be checked prior to the course. Delegates can choose if they would prefer just to view the course rather than actively participating using a training database.
- Notes will be sent electronically, delegates may find them easier to follow if printed. Therefore you would need access to a printer prior to the course.
- As courses are delivered live, delegates must be on time and available undisturbed for the duration of the course.
Can’t make this date? Why not try the Distance Learning version and complete the course at your own pace – https://learning.schoolicts.co.uk/p/sims-personnel-user