Welcome to our latest newsletter: –
Have you visited the School ICT website recently? We’ve added a brand new case-study area.
We’re hugely grateful to all our customers that give us feedback, there’s nothing better than hearing how we’ve been able to help people. We’ll be keeping our case-study area updated so if you’d like to act as a case-study reference for us please speak to your account manager or e-mail: email@example.com
End of Year Procedures
The documents that describe the steps that should be followed to enable a successful transition from one academic year to another are now available to download from the Customer Portal . These can be accessed by logging onto the Portal and navigating to Knowledgebase /Categories /End of Year. The guidance covers the following:
- the creation of a new academic year
- setting up next year’s registration groups and year groups
- promotion of pupils from one year into the next
WARNING: You must complete these procedures before the start of the new academic year. It is critical that the new academic year is created and promotion routines run before the old year ends. These processes determine the year groups and registration groups into which pupils are placed in the new academic year. We therefore suggest you start these processes as early as possible, allowing sufficient time to complete by the start of the new academic year.
Please note there are courses running on 20th, 25th June and 2nd July in Leeds.
Setting Up New Users in SIMS
With the arrival of staff for the new academic year , please follow our guide on how to create accounts for new users. It is also good practice to enter an end date for any members of staff who are leaving at the end of the academic year.
Upcoming Training Courses – book soon to secure your place!
Our SIMS training courses teach you the skills you need to enable you to do more, in less time.
We still have plenty of scheduled training courses planned for the rest of the academic year and our scheduled training brochure for 2019 / 2020 will soon be available.
- Top Tips, Techniques and Housekeeping – June 20th – ESSEX (FULLY BOOKED)
- Assessing Without Levels in SIMS.net – June 21st – Leeds
- Equipment Register – June 24th – Leeds
- Preparing For A New Academic Year (Refresher) Primary – June 25th – Leeds
- Reporting (Extended) – June 26th – Leeds
- SIMS New Office User – June 27th – Leeds
- Preparing For A New Academic Year (Beginners) Primary – July 1st – Leeds
- SIMS New Office User – July 1st – WILTSHIRE
- Preparing For A New Academic Year (Beginners) Secondary – July 2nd – Leeds
- Preparing For A New Academic Year (Refresher) Primary – July 2nd – WILTSHIRE
- Analysing Assessment Data – July 3rd – Leeds
- SIMS New Office User – July 4th – NOTTINGHAM
- FMS – July 5th – Leeds
- Managing Results Day – July 8th – Leeds
- SIMS New Office User – July 9th – Leeds
- Analyse Exam Results Using SIMS – July 10th – Leeds
- Preparing For A New Academic Year (Refresher) Primary – July 11th – NOTTINGHAM
- Managing Results Day – July 11th – STOCKPORT
- An Admin Guide to Maintaining the Timetable – July 11th – Leeds
- School Fund – July 12th – Leeds
- Analyse Exam Results Using SIMS – July 12th – STOCKPORT
Visit the website for more details: –
Take a look at our scheduled training brochure for the courses we’re planning for the remainder of this academic year.
For anything not included, please give us a call to discuss your needs in further detail as if there’s enough demand, we can run additional courses, or look to deliver training on site.
New 2019 / 2020 academic year scheduled training brochure…coming soon! This will be e-mailed out to all establishments, shared in the July newsletter and available to download from the School ICT website.
Best Practice in SIMS seminar – Wednesday 3rd July in Wiltshire, click the below link for further information and details on how to book.
Help us to help you!
As part of our continuous improvement, we would value your feedback on our SIMS training offering.
Please click the below link to our quick Google Form survey: