SIMS Administrator Secondary New Office User
The course is aimed at new users of SIMS in the secondary school office.
You may also wish to book our SIMS Administrator Intermediate Office User as a follow on from this course.
- Half Day
This course will cover:
- finding your way around SIMS
- looking up a student’s information
- making day to day adjustments to student details
- dealing with leavers
- dealing with new arrivals
- extending student details (attaching individual photos, entering traveller status, recording nationality and passport information)
- managing historical records
- adding agents and linking them to agencies
- responding to information received about students and contacts
- recording exclusions
- sending a letter home
- running basic reports from SIMS
- managing the school diary and personal tasks
- configuring the SIMS Home Page.
- If you are unsure of any of the following please don’t hesitate to contact us to clarify 03452226802.
- Access to the internet
- Ideally delegates will have two monitors but delegates can split their screen if you only have access to one.
- Delegates will be able to access a training database provided by School ICT if required, School ICT would therefore need access to remote into your workstation via ISL Online. This is our usual way of providing remote support to customers.
- Delegates will need access to use remote desktop from their workstation to access the training database where required. This can be checked prior to the course. Delegates can choose if they would prefer just to view the course rather than actively participating using a training database.
- Notes will be sent electronically, delegates may find them easier to follow if printed. Therefore you would need access to a printer prior to the course.
- As courses are delivered live, delegates must be on time and available undisturbed for the duration of the course.
Can’t make this date? Why not try the Distance Learning version and complete the course at your own pace – https://learning.schoolicts.co.uk/p/sims-new-office-user