SIMS Primary Summer Census – Half Day
You will be taken through the preliminary preparation for the census return, including the procedure for creating a return and correcting any outstanding validation errors. The course also explores the current return together with requirements for other returns.
- Half Day
This course will cover:
- Checking your data to minimise errors when running the Summer Return
- Setting up the Summer Return
- Running the Return
- Correcting errors
- Running the Detailed Reports
- Running the Summary
- Authorising the Spring Return
Delegates are advised to have a working knowledge of SIMS.
If you are unsure of any of the following, please do not hesitate to contact us to clarify 03452226802.
- Delegates MUST have a good knowledge of SIMS.
- Access to the internet.
- The ability to join a teams meeting, preferably with a microphone and video camera.
- Ideally delegates will have two monitors, but delegates can split their screen if you only have access to one.
- This course is designed to be run on your school data, which allows delegates to make a dummy run of the census and check for gaps and/or errors in the school’s data. School ICT will therefore need access to remote into your workstation via ISL Online. Please ensure that your school firewall/security policies will allow this.
- Delegates can choose to just view the course rather than actively participating if they prefer.
- Notes will be sent electronically. Delegates may find them easier to follow if printed. However, these notes may contain hyperlinks.
- As courses are delivered live, delegates must be on time and available undisturbed for the duration of the course.