SIMS Secondary Autumn Census – Half Day
You will be taken through the preliminary preparation for the census return, including the procedure for creating a return and correcting any outstanding validation errors. The course also explores the current return together with requirements for other returns.
This course does not cover preparation for Post-16 learning aims as this is covered in the Course Manager and Post-16 Learning Aims course or the School Census – Post 16 course.
- Half Day
This course will cover:
- checking your data to minimise errors when running the Autumn Return
- setting up the Autumn Return
- running the Return
- correcting errors
- running the Detailed Reports
- running the Summary
- authorising the Autumn Return.
A working knowledge of SIMS is advisable.
- If you are unsure of any of the following please don’t hesitate to contact us to clarify 03452226802.
- Access to the internet
- Ideally delegates will have two monitors but delegates can split their screen if you only have access to one.
- Delegates will be able to access a training database provided by School ICT if required, School ICT would therefore need access to remote into your workstation via ISL Online. This is our usual way of providing remote support to customers.
- Delegates will need access to use remote desktop from their workstation to access the training database where required. This can be checked prior to the course. Delegates can choose if they would prefer just to view the course rather than actively participating using a training database.
- Notes will be sent electronically, delegates may find them easier to follow if printed. Therefore you would need access to a printer prior to the course.
- As courses are delivered live, delegates must be on time and available undisturbed for the duration of the course.