School Census Spring Return 16th January 2020 (England only)
- Free School Meal Eligibility collection period: 04/10/2019 to 16/01/2020
- Attendance Collection period: Start of Autumn term (as recorded in the school diary) to 31/12/2019
- Exclusions Collection period: 22/04/2019 to 31/12/2019
- Learner Support collected from: 01/08/2019 to 16/01/2020 (if applicable)
- Age at date: 31/08/2019
Documentation to assist with preparing and producing the census can be found on our customer portal (my.schoolicts.co.uk) under Client Area | Downloads | Student Census. If you are unsure of your portal details or would like an account, please give the helpdesk a call on 0345 222 6802. (N.B. You must be logged in to see the documents in the client area).
You must have had the SIMS Autumn Release (7.190) applied and need to import the latest Fileset please check the portal to ensure you are working with the latest version.
Fileset 1403 is not yet available but must be applied before sending your census to the local authority or DfE. Database patch 25529 needs to be applied prior to fileset 1403, we will be releasing Patch 25529 once we know when fileset 1403 will be available as these need to be applied in conjunction. The patch will be available via Solus and must also be applied before the census is returned. We will be sending out further information via email as soon as we have an update from the DfE/Capita. Further information can also be found in the news section on our website: www.schoolicts.co.uk/news
Details are required of all classes running at the selected time on the Spring Census day (16 January 2020). The ‘selected time’ is based on the last digit of a school’s DfE establishment number as follows:
|4, 7, 8 or 9||The selected time is one hour before the end of morning school|
|0, 1 or 5||The selected time is one hour after the start of afternoon school|
|2, 3 or 6||The selected time is one hour after the start of morning school|
Changes since last Census
The following data items are being collected for the first time:
- Permanent exclusion review date
- Permanent exclusion review result
- Permanent exclusion reinstatement date
- Permanent exclusion review SEN expert
- Teachers on planning and preparation time (PPA)
- Reason for class size exception
- Number of pupils to which the class size exception reason applies
We are running Census Training courses, with places still available, please see our website for details www.schoolicts.co.uk/training
Due to continued business growth, we are pleased to welcome Ellie Hartley to the role of Business Administrator and advise that Jade Taylor will be moving to the SIMS Team in February as a Trainee MIS Support Officer.
Although the Summer exam season is a few months away, there are plenty of things that can be done in preparation to keep you busy over the coming months. The deadline for entries of 21st February 2020 is fast approaching and your entries need to be sent off before this date to ensure you don’t incur double fees.
Click the below link for a guide to next steps in Examination Organiser: –
Upcoming Events - Save the Date!
Following the success of our 2019 Best Practice in SIMS seminars, we are pleased to announce two new dates for 2020: –
- Best Practice in SIMS – Holiday Inn, Brentwood, Essex; Friday 28th February
- Annual Conference – Thorpe Park Hotel, Leeds; Tuesday March 10th (AM for Primary Schools, PM for Secondary Schools)
Further information regarding agenda and timings will be available shortly.
To register your place please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Did You Know – Setting up Reminders in SIMS
Did you know you can use SIMS to set up reminders for Medical events, SEN and personal tasks? Click on the below link for guidance on how you can set reminders to appear on your homepage.
Change to helpdesk opening hours
In response to feedback that the majority of our customers would prefer to access our service earlier in the day, we will be changing our opening hours from 1st February 2020 to be 8:00 to 16:30. We will extend the hours to 08:00 to 17:00 on the following days:
- Autumn, Spring and Summer Student Census days
- School Workforce Census Day
- GCSE Exams results download day
- A level Exams results download day
- Primary Key Stage – Submission deadline days & Year 6 SATS download day
We hope that you will find this a positive change, providing you with improved access to our support staff. We would be grateful if you would relay this information to all School ICT Services users within your establishment.
Reminder: When booking training, please remember to include your mobile number so we can contact you if courses are cancelled at short notice due to weather conditions etc.
School ICT Resourcing
Did you know we can help with your recruitment and employment needs?
- School Administrators
- Business Managers
- Data / SIMS Administrators / Managers
- Exams Officers
- ICT Technical Staff
Visit: http://www.schoolictresourcing.co.uk or call Colin on 0345 222 6802 – option 5 for further information